Safer Spaces Policy
AZF5 is a safer space to intentionally provide engaging and supportive programming and content that is free of oppressive materials, behaviors, and language. Participants and attendees are asked to uphold this model by helping to ensure everyone can feel comfortable and safe to have fun while respecting each other’s boundaries.
The following behaviors are prohibited and will not be tolerated:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, ableism, sizeism, queerphobia, ageism, religious intolerance and all other forms of discrimination.
- Sexual harassment, inappropriate/unwelcome comments/behaviors.
- Disrespectful or disruptive behavior.
- Sexual harassment, inappropriate/unwelcome comments and behaviors
- Theft of money or property.
- Drug use on the premises.
- Physical, verbal, mental abuse or intimidation of any kind.
- Causing a participant or attendee to feel unsafe or at distressed.
Although we will give our best effort, AZF5 organizers are unable to review all possible exhibitor materials before the event. If participants find certain materials to be in violation of our safer spaces guidelines, we encourage you to make us aware of those problematic/offensive materials. We respect the needs of any person bringing a concern to our attention and will address behavior that is in violation of our safer space policy.
These policies are subject to change as we adapt and grow AZF and our safer space policies. If you have any questions or concerns please email us directly at email@example.com.
We'd like to say thank you to DC Zinefest, Omaha Zine Fest, and Chicago Zine Fest for providing strong models for AZF5's safer spaces policy.